Volunteer Home Visitors
Springwood Neighbourhood Centre Co-operative Limited is pleased to advise that we have successfully passed the Government Audit carried out by the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency in May 2016. Click We Passed – VHV Audit May 2016 to see our PDF with more information.
Springwood Volunteer Home Visitors Program offers social support to vulnerable isolated frail aged people, and their carers. SNCC’s VHV program also supports social inclusion groups. The program is funded by Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), an Australian Government program aimed at helping people to keep living in their own homes. The Volunteer Home Visitor Scheme serves people who live between Valley Heights and Linden.
The program’s volunteers visit residents and provide them with company and support. They may also take residents shopping and to do errands, such as collecting and returning library books. If needed, they can also help with reading and writing letters and other tasks. When they aren’t visiting, the volunteers telephone residents to say hello, have a chat and make sure they are okay.
The role of the volunteer depends on the needs of the resident they are assisting.
Why Become A Volunteer Home Visitor?
- For the opportunity of providing a vital link with a socially isolated person
- Use your skills to enhance another person’s life
- To be actively involved in your own community
The Benefits Include:
- Free training workshops
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses: petrol, fares and phone calls (as agreed)
- Regular support meetings and get-togethers with other volunteers
- All our volunteers describe their work using terms like “inspiring”, “rewarding”, “satisfying” and “fulfilling”.
The SNCC VHV Service endeavours to match the needs and interests of the client/carer to the skills, likes and interests of the volunteer.
For more information about volunteering or arranging a visitor for yourself or someone you know, contact us on 4751 3033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Forms for VHV Volunteers